Friday, October 24, 2008

QUOTE UNQUOTE OF CINE WORLD

# “No art passes our conscience in the way film does, and goes directly to our feelings, deep down into the dark rooms of our soul.” – Ingmar Bergman

# “The length of the film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.” – Alfred Hitchcock

# “Every great film should seem new every time you see it.” –Roger Ebert, US film critic

# “All I need to make a comedy is - a park, a policeman & a pretty girl.”- Charlie Chaplin

# “Film is one of the three universal languages, the other two: mathematics and music.” – Frank Capra

# “Cinema should make you forget you are sitting in a theatre.” – Roman Polanski

# “This film costs $ 31 million. With that kind of money I could have invaded some country.” – Clint Eastwood

# “Cinema is the most beautiful fraud in the world.” – Jean-Luc Goddard

# “I don’t take movies seriously & anyone who does is in for headache.” – Bette Davis

# “The only thing worse than watching a bad movie is being in one.” – Elvis Presley

# “Our comedies are not to be laughed at.” – Samuel Goldwyn

# “If I made Cinderella, the audience would be looking out for a body in a coach.” – Alfred Hitchcock

# “Nobody should come to movies unless he believes in heroes.” – John Wayne

# “If my films make one more person miserable, I’ll feel I have done my job.”- Woody Allen

# “Cinema is an old whore, like circus and variety, who knows how to give many kinds of pleasure.” – Federico Fellini

A lot of movies are about life, mine are like a slice of cake. Alfred Hitchcock

Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare. Alfred Hitchcock

If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on. Alfred Hitchcock

In feature films the director is God; in documentary films God is the director. Alfred Hitchcock

Television is like the invention of indoor plumbing. It didn't change people's habits. It just kept them inside the house. Alfred Hitchcock

The more successful the villain, the more successful the picture. Alfred Hitchcock

There is no terror in a bang, only in the anticipation of it. Alfred Hitchcock

My weaknesses... I wish I could come up with something. I'd probably have the same pause if you asked me what my strengths are. Maybe they're the same thing. Al Pacino

I've never been one of those actors who has touted myself as a fascinating human being. I had to decide early on whether I was to be an actor or a personality. Robert De Niro

One of the things about acting is it allows you to live other people's lives without having to pay the price. Robert De Niro

There's nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself. Robert De Niro

You'll have time to rest when you're dead. Robert De Niro

Being a good actor isn't easy. Being a man is even harder. I want to be both before I'm done. James Dean

Being an actor is the loneliest thing in the world. You are all alone with your concentration and imagination, and that's all you have. James Dean

Dream as if you'll live forever; live as if you'll die tomorrow. James Dean

To grasp the full significance of life is the actor's duty; to interpret it his problem; and to express it his dedication. James Dean

When an actor plays a scene exactly the way a director orders, it isn't acting. It's following instructions. Anyone with the physical qualifications can do that. James Dean

A day without laughter is a day wasted. Charlie Chaplin

Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. Charlie Chaplin

I am at peace with God. My conflict is with Man. - Charlie Chaplin

I had no idea of the character. But the moment I was dressed, the clothes and the make-up made me feel the person he was. I began to know him, and by the time I walked onto the stage he was fully born. Charlie Chaplin

I suppose that's one of the ironies of life doing the wrong thing at the right moment. Charlie Chaplin

In the end, everything is a gag. Charlie Chaplin

Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot. Charlie Chaplin

Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles. Charlie Chaplin

To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it! Charlie Chaplin

We think too much and feel too little. Charlie Chaplin

What do you want a meaning for? Life is a desire, not a meaning. Charlie Chaplin

Why should poetry have to make sense? Charlie Chaplin

Words are cheap. The biggest thing you can say is 'elephant'. Charlie Chaplin

All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives. Steven Spielberg

People have forgotten how to tell a story. Stories don't have a middle or an end any more. They usually have a beginning that never stops beginning. Steven Spielberg

A story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end... but not necessarily in that order. Jean-Luc Godard

I don't think you should feel about a film. You should feel about a woman, not a movie. You can't kiss a movie. Jean-Luc Godard

I pity the French Cinema because it has no money. I pity the American Cinema because it has no ideas. Jean-Luc Godard

In love, women are professionals, men are amateurs. Francois Truffaut

Taste is a result of a thousand distastes. Francois Truffaut

I don't film messages. I let the post office take care of those. Bernardo Bertolucci

I left the ending ambiguous, because that is the way life is. Bernardo Bertolucci

I'm not sure I'm adult yet. Johnny Depp

You use your money to buy privacy because during most of your life you aren't allowed to be normal. Johnny Depp

An actor is at most a poet and at least an entertainer. Marlon Brando

A star on a movie set is like a time bomb. That bomb has got to be defused so people can approach it without fear. Jack Nicholson

I used to think that one of the great signs of security was the ability to just walk away. Jack Nicholson

There's only two people in your life you should lie to... the police and your girlfriend. Jack Nicholson

A film is never really good unless the camera is an eye in the head of a poet. Orson Welles

I don't pray because I don't want to bore God. Orson Welles

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. Orson Welles

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girlfriends. Orson Welles

Nobody gets justice. People only get good luck or bad luck. Orson Welles

Personally, I don't like a girlfriend to have a husband. If she'll fool her husband, I figure she'll fool me. Orson Welles

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone. Orson Welles

No comments: